Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Emergency Room. Submit your application today!
We offer full and part time employees an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a Patient Care Technician - Emergency Room who delivers high quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of delegated basic patient care services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily living. Under the supervision of the registered nurse (RN), the PCT assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance with the PCT’s skills/training and the needs of the Department, and consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, and safe patient care environment. The PCT complies with all hospital policies/procedures and observes the State Board of Nursing rules for unlicensed personnel.
What you will do in this role:
• Participates in the implementation of nursing care plans by performing direct and indirect patient care under the supervision of the licensed nurse.
• Obtains and records initial and ongoing patient information throughout the cycle of care, including admissions data, vital signs, height and weight, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, blood glucose levels, intake and output, and calorie counts.
• Documents observations, interactions, patient responses to performed activities, and any physical or behavioral changes at time of occurrence. Reports observations of individual patients to the RN/Team Leader.
• Assists with mobility by regular turning and positioning, dangling, and ambulating patients. Assists with use of walkers, crutches, canes, and wheelchairs. Transfers patients to and from other units, departments, or entities. Assists with discharges. Demonstrates proper body mechanics.
• Provides or assists with non-medicated support care, including non-sterile dressing changes, skin protection, application of heat or ice, and venous compression devices.
• Obtains or assists in the collection of specimens for diagnostic or waived tests. Ensures accuracy of all labels and timely transfer of specimen.
• Retrieves medication from pharmacy, storage room, or tube system and delivers to licensed staff member as instructed.
• Assists with patient preparation for surgery or other procedure.
• Orients patients/families/caregivers to room and hospital routine.
• Assists patients with activities of daily living to include eating and drinking, bathing, shaving, oral care, grooming, and elimination. Changes bed linens as needed.
• Performs hourly rounding and responds promptly to call lights and patient requests. Strives to anticipate patient needs and resolve them proactively.
• Follows patient and employee safety/security policies and protocols, including hand hygiene, use of universal precautions,use of personal protective equipment, and adherence to isolation procedures.
• Prepares and maintains clean, hazard-free patient rooms. Empties trash and removes soiled linens.
• Assists with post-mortem care.
• Assists in the setup, removal, and cleaning of equipment. Identifies malfunctioning equipment and initiates repairs.
• Performs clerical work as needed, including assembling and maintain charts, filing, answering and transferring phones, and relaying messages.
• Promotes consistent, positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service.
• Demonstrates caring and empathy in all interactions and advocates for patient- and family-centered approach in all decisions and actions.
• Demonstrates excellent communication skills, including active listening. Ensures patients, physicians, and colleagues have a clear understanding of all communications.
• Engages in evidence-based best practices that enhance the patient experience, including SAFETY rounding, communication fundamentals/AIDET, Teach-Back, Narrating Care, etc.
• Participates as an active member of the health care team and positively promotes the rest of the team to patients/families/caregivers and other colleagues.
• Maintains a professional appearance and demonstrates behaviors consistent with established policies/procedures.
• Assists with orientation of new personnel as directed. Serves as a positive role model and resource for peers.
• Seeks opportunities to impact the growth of the organization by promoting excellence in patient experience and providing high quality care to the patients served.
• Monitors unit and individual patient rooms to assess availability of supplies. Restocks to optimum levels as instructed.
• Utilizes charge system for supplies and equipment.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
4. Preferred: CNA Training Program; 1+ years of experience in an acute care setting
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
1. Required: Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 – days of hire
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Methodist Hospital South became part of the Methodist Healthcare System family in July 2017. With over 60 beds, the hospital serves over 5 counties and is comprised of healthcare professionals with years of training and experience who bring compassion and excellence to their work.
Methodist Hospital South has been nationally recognized as a Five-Star rated facility by the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services and by its grade A Leapfrog Hospital Safety score. The hospital is also a recipient of the Excellence in Patient Safety Across the Board Award and is designated as a Level IV trauma center and Ambulatory Services Sleep Center. Beyond offering Methodist-quality emergency care, our comprehensive services have expanded into orthopedics, cardiology, sports medicine and urology, and will continue to grow as the area’s needs increase. For more information, please visit our website at www.methodisthospitalsouth.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.