SHIFT: No Weekends
In July 2017, South Texas Regional Medical Center became part of the Methodist Healthcare System family, the most preferred and respected healthcare provider in the area. With this change of ownership, we are now known as Methodist Hospital South. Even though our name has changed, the heart of our hospital remains; it just got a little bigger. The foundation we now stand on is faith-based and driven by our commitment to “Serving Humanity to Honor God”.
The clinical team at Methodist Hospital South is comprised of healthcare professionals with years of training and experience who bring compassion to their work. Our 67 bed hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A, designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center, and recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures. Services include Rehabilitation, Surgical, and Labor & Delivery. For more information, please visit our website at www.methodisthospitalsouth.com
We want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Moving, mortgage, and real estate assistance
- 100% matching 401k based on years of service
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
In this role you will have the opportunity to support our OR.
Key features include:
Excellence in Patient Safety Across the Board Award Recipient
Leapfrog “A” Grade for Patient Safety
Multispecialty OR Unit, with capabilities for Ortho, Podiatry, EENT, Ophthalmology, GI, Pedi Dental, General and GYN
Certified First Assistant readily available for surgeons
Successful Surgical Services, Joint Commission Triennial Survey, with 0 Variances
3 OR rooms and 1 GI treatment Room, 6 Pre-Op Bays, 6 PACU Bays, 2 Step-Down bays, and 1 isolation room
Fully Functional Radiology Department to support the Surgical Services Department
Methodist Hospital Helipad and Helicopter available for immediate patient transport if needed
Tenured employees, low nursing turnover - employee turnover at 7.5% in the Methodist Hospital South Surgical Services Department
The Surgical Technologist assists with the delivery of quality surgical care through planning and anticipating the surgeon/procedure needs and coordinating with the circulating perioperative nurse during surgical procedures. Demonstrates competency in surgical technology; includes gathering and preparing sterile supplies, preparing/maintaining the sterile field, and assisting the surgeon by supplying sterile instruments to the sterile field. Performs routine scrub roles, as well as specifically delegated department duties. Consistently follows current AORN and regulatory standards.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plans for and obtains the equipment and supplies needed for assigned procedures according to physicians' preference and specific patient needs.
- Prepares equipment and supplies according to manufacturer's recommendations and specifications for uses during surgical procedures. Opens sterile packs according to established aseptic techniques and protocols.
- Monitors sterile field during procedure and takes appropriate measures to insure integrity of sterile field
- Prepares medications and solutions for use during procedures under the direction of the Registered Nurse
- Maintains accountability for instruments according to hospital policy throughout the surgical procedure to ensure that no foreign objects are retained in the surgical wound. Takes appropriate action if item count is not correct and informs the appropriate staff.
- Consistently follows safety procedures for Timeout and when handling sharp instruments, powered equipment, hazardous chemicals, and lasers.
- High school graduate or equivalent education
- ONE of the following:
A. Graduate of an surgical technologist program OR
B. 1 year of experience in a hospital setting as a surgical technologist prior to 9/1/2009.
- CERTIFIED: Must have and maintain ONE of the following:
A. CST – Certified Surgical Technologist through the National Board for Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) (formally the Liaison Council on Certification for the Surgical Technologist)
B. TS-C- Tech in Surgery, Certified through the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- NON-CERTIFIED: None if they meet the below provision:
Per Texas HB 643, surgical technologists entering practice after 09/01/2009 must have and maintain a surgical technologist certification. Individuals that performed in a surgical technologist position prior to 09/01/2009 are not required to obtain a surgical technologist certification.
- None required (unless used in lieu of education as stated above)
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.