SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
PRN Schedule with rotating weekends
Do you have the career opportunities as a Security Officer you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Methodist Hospital South, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
We are looking for a dedicated Security Oficer to be a part of our team who will provide patrol and surveillance and investigate and respond to security incidents occurring in Methodist Healthcare facilities. Provide protection and security for patients, visitors, employees, volunteers, and physicians.
What you will do in this role:
- Provides patrol and surveillance of designated areas and reports safety, fire hazards to appropriate personnel.
- Investigates and responds to alarms, disturbances and calls for police or fire department.
- Consults with and keeps supervisors informed of activities, needs, and problems in assigned areas. Submits verbal and computerized reports on all observed or assigned incidents and normal tours of duty.
- Controls parking and traffic flow, enforces parking regulations, assists motorists, and records motor vehicle accidents.
- Conducts inspection of security related equipment and audits security procedures to include securing and unlocking of entrances and exits in designated facilities.
- Performs dispatching and emergency services as required.
What qualifications you will need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years of experience in security/law enforcement field preferred
- 10 or more years of experience as a Security Officer will substitute for education
License, Certificates or Registrations Required:
- Must be certified as a Commissioned Security Officer in the State of Texas, in accordance with the Texas Commission on Private Security, or eligible.
- Must obtain certification within 90 days.
- Current Texas Driver License, or obtain one within 30 days, and satisfactory driving history.
Methodist Hospital South became part of the Methodist Healthcare System family in July 2017. With over 60 beds, the hospital serves over 5 counties and is comprised of healthcare professionals with years of training and experience who bring compassion and excellence to their work.
Methodist Hospital South has been nationally recognized as a Five-Star rated facility by the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services and by its grade A Leapfrog Hospital Safety score. The hospital is also a recipient of the Excellence in Patient Safety Across the Board Award and is designated as a Level IV trauma center and Ambulatory Services Sleep Center. Beyond offering Methodist-quality emergency care, our comprehensive services have expanded into orthopedics, cardiology, sports medicine and urology, and will continue to grow as the area’s needs increase. For more information, please visit our website at www.methodisthospitalsouth.com.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.