Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Certified Surgical OR Tech PRN? At Methodist ASC Landmark, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
At Methodist ASC Landmark, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Certified Surgical OR Tech PRN like you to be a part of our team.
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, the Surgical Tech contributes to the company’s mission and vision by assisting with the provision of safe and effective nursing care in accordance with a defined scope of practice within the operating room. This may include: direct patient care and observation, scrubbing and assisting the surgeon at the operative field, surgical room turnover between cases, collection and recording of pertinent clinical data in the medical record and consistent collaboration with the Registered Nurse in clinical decision making.
What you will do in this role:
* Demonstrate necessary practical, technical, or specialized skills required for the role of the surgical technician in accordance with Association of Surgical Technologists
* Assist in preparing the operative suite for surgery by checking and gathering supplies, equipment, and instruments
* Ensure that surgical asepsis is maintained in the handling of instruments, sponges, sutures, drains, needles, and dressings
* Assist in the turnover of the O.R. suites between cases, disposing of trash and linens, and cleaning of equipment and environmental surfaces
* Prepare procedure room for use the following day by bringing in equipment, setting up, "pulling cases" accurately, and reporting to supervisor items that are needed and not available
Qualifications you will need:
* Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program (preferred)
* One year experience in an operating room setting (preferably in an ambulatory surgery center)
* Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program as required per facility practice and state regulatory requirement; otherwise preferred
* Valid BCLS Certification upon employment ***Online certification not acceptable
Methodist Surgery Center Landmark is located in San Antonio, Texas. We are an ambulatory surgery center affiliated with Methodist Healthcare System. Our center specializes in outpatient same-day surgical procedures. We provide our services to the residents of San Antonio, Bexar County and the surrounding communities in the Hill Country and South Texas areas.
Landmark specializes in same-day surgical procedures that allows patients to recover at home. We are a new facility with experienced physicians. We bring the quality of care you have come to associate with the Methodist Healthcare System. We offer a state of the art facility with 5 ORs and 1 GI room. The center is projected to perform 6000 cases per year when fully functional. Our location is near the northwest interchange of 1604 and I-10. Landmark is easily accessible to make your outpatient surgery experience hassle-free. We provide Endoscopy, Gastroenterology, General, OB/GYN, Dermatology, Orthopedic, Otolaryngology, and Plastic/Reconstructive surgery.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Certified Surgical OR Tech PRN opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.