Methodist Hospital Specialty & Transplant
PRN - Non-Exempt
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Ultrasound department. Submit your application today!
We offer full and part time employees an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
What you will do in this role:
1. Acquires a signed physician order with indicator for all exams. Demonstrates good judgment in responding to STAT calls and appropriately prioritizes STAT orders. Ensures patient consent is signed for the ordered procedure. Effectively communicates and explains the procedure to the patient without discussing clinical findings of the exam. Validates the patient and/or family understanding of the procedure.
2. Ensures proper equipment operation during patient exams. Demonstrates proficiency in basic troubleshooting, equipment cleaning, storage and preventative maintenance.
3. Demonstrates technical proficiency for echocardiograms:
A. Adult and pediatric (if applicable) echocardiograms: Performs 2-D, M-mode, color Doppler, pulsed wave Doppler, and continuous wave Doppler. This includes all measurements as needed for a complete study to include parasternal long axis, parasternal short axis, apical 4-chamber, apical long axis, and apical 2-chamber, and subcostal 4-chamber view, subcostal short axis, subcostal RV outflow, abdominal aorta, suprasternal long axis of the aortic arch, and RV outflow to evaluate the MPA and branch PAs. Applies critical thinking skills to assess the patient condition to provide any additional views that will assist the cardiologist in the care/treatment of the patient.
B. Stress echo (exercise and chemical): Performs 2-D imaging at the highest level for the evaluation of wall motion abnormalities. Stress images will include P-LAX, P-SAX, apical 4-chamber, and apical 2-chamber.
C. Demonstrates technical proficiency for TEEs. Set up of equipment and all supplies. Assists cardiologist with probe insertion as directed. After probe placement, tape all data as requested. Upon completion of procedure, candidate will immediately clean and disinfect probe according to departmental policy.
4. Assists with head up tilt table testing. Responsible for patient preparation to include validating the patient is NPO, patient transport, placement of electrodes, placement of blood pressure cuff and presence of a patent saline lock. If continuous monitoring is required, secures the use of EKG monitoring equipment. If labs are required, candidate will arrange for blood drawing. Candidate will remain with patient at all times and offer assistance under the direction of a RN.
5. Demonstrates technical proficiency at carotid imaging. Ability to obtain images of the common carotid, bulb, internal and external carotids with color doppler and pulsed wave doppler. Provides measurements as necessary for a complete evaluation of both right and left carotids.
6. Maintains all patient reports in accordance with Hospital policy. This includes but is not limited to the following: pulling all previous reports/images; presenting images to the correct reading physician; notifying reading physicians of requests; entering proper patient charges into Meditech; performing database and operating system backup; error log review; Hemodynamic Monitoring system data field modification; and proper storage of archived exam/study data.
1. Education and experience:
Candidates must be registry eligible for RDCS/RDMS-FE from ARDMS or RCS from CCI.
Effective 01/01/2013 new hires must meet ONE of the following registry eligible provisions:
A. Completion of an Associate’s Degree/two year patient-care related allied health education program (diagnostic medical sonographer, radiologic technologist, respiratory therapist, occupational therapist, physical therapist, RN program) AND one (1) year full-time clinical ultrasound/vascular ultrasound experience. (ARDMS and RCS eligibility)
B. Graduate of a CAAHEP accredited diagnostic medical sonography, diagnostic cardiac sonography or vascular technology program. (RCS and ARDMS eligibility)
C. Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) AND six (6) months of full-time clinical ultrasound/vascular experience. (RCS eligibility)
D. Bachelor’s degree in sonography or vascular technology (or foreign equivalent). (ARDMS eligibility).
E. Current Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS), Registered Congenital Cardiac Sonographer (RCCS) or Registered Vascular Specialist (RVS) through Cardiovascular Credentialing International. (ARDMS eligibility)
F. High school graduate/G.E.D. AND two (2) years full-time on-the-job experience in cardiac or vascular ultrasound. (RCS eligibility)
G. Graduate of a non-accredited program in Cardiac Medical Sonography that includes a minimum of one (1) year of specialty training (to include 800 clinical hours). (RCS eligibility)
2. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
A. REGISTERED: Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) from Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) and requires:
American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) in ONE of the following:
i. Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) for the patient population served:
Adult (RDCS-AE), Fetal (RDCS-FE), and/or Pediatric (RDCS-PE) OR ii. Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer in Fetal Echocardiography (RDMS-FE)
B. NON-REGISTERED: In accordance to the educational requirements found in section one, all new hires who become registry-eligible will be required to obtain one of the required registries listed in section A above within 12 months from the date of hire.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant has been nationally recognized for its record setting kidney, liver and pancreas transplant programs. It is home to the Texas Transplant Institute and is the largest living donor kidney transplant program in the US. According to the United Network of Organ Sharing database, the center reached a major milestone in 2019 by performing 231 living donor kidney transplants in a single year setting a new national record - that’s 65 more transplants than the second center on the list.
In addition to transplant care, Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant is a full service hospital with over 260 beds that provides specialized services for liver cancer care, emergency care, weight loss surgery, urology surgery, vascular surgery, inpatient rehabilitation, colorectal surgery and behavioral health care. It is a designated Center of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Excellence by the American Society for Bariatric Surgery. Our Sexual Assault Response Team provides a compassionate environment for sexual assault survivors ages 13+, serving as a model for hospitals and agencies all over the world. Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant prides itself on providing the highest quality of patient care possible as proven by their consecutive Grade A scores from the Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade survey and ranking in the nation’s top quartile for patient experience. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant under Locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.