DescriptionSHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
Methodist Texsan Hospital
Nuclear Medicine Tech
Nuclear Medicine Department/Clinical Technicians
Part Time, Weekends - 7a-3:30p (plus call coverage) - Non-Exempt
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Nuclear Medicine Department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a Nuclear Medicine Tech who will be responsible for the safety of the patient, keeping records as designated for quality control, quality assurance and state regulatory agencies. Insure handling, receipt, administration and disposal of radioactive materials.
What you will do in this role:
1. Follows all regulations on the radioactive materials license set by the Texas Department of Health for that specific institution.
2. Administers radiopharmaceuticals to patients for diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
3. Demonstrates competence in the area of nuclear medicine: positioning, physiology, procedure prep and technical factors. The technologist must also demonstrate proper handling of radiopharmaceuticals and record keeping according to Nuclear Medicine guidelines.
4. Demonstrate proper use of the Radiology Information System to include scheduling exams, completion of exams, patient and film tracking and entering of charges according to procedures performed.
5. Checks label of isotope to be injected carefully and assay it while observing all radiation safety regulations.
6. Facilitates and participates in current and future Radiology Department CQI monitoring and implement changes accordingly. Employees shall assist in collection of data, reviewing and revising the CQI program to be in compliance with accrediting agencies, hospital goals, departmental Policies and Procedures. All employees shall demonstrate knowledge and responsibility for ongoing CQI.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: ONE of the following:
A. Graduate of a Nuclear Medicine training program
B. ALL of the following:
i.Graduate of Radiology Technologist program
ii.Both registry/certification requirements listed below
iii.One year experience as a nuclear medicine technologist
None (see Education requirement above for exception under 1.B.)
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
2 years previous experience as a nuclear medicine technologist in a hospital setting
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
1. Medical Radiologic Technologist Certification from Texas Department of Health
2. Must have ONE of the following within six months of hire date:
i. ARRT (N) or
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Methodist Hospital Texsan is a full service 120 bed acute care hospital specializing as one of South Texas’s premier heart and orthopedic hospitals. As an advanced center for cardiac care, we are certified in chest pain and heart failure with comprehensive cardiac services including research and clinical trials. Using state-of-the-art technology such as our robotics program, our orthopedic services, including the Joint Replacement Academy and the Center for Spine, boast some of the best clinical results in the industry.
Methodist Hospital Texsan is the first hospital in San Antonio to receive the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval for Chest Pain Certification. We have also received the Heart Care Center National Distinction of Excellence award – the highest recognition a hospital can receive. Our excellence extends to our ICU which was awarded the Silver Beacon Award for Excellence. Our Level IV trauma emergency service is a leader in San Antonio in patient experience and efficiency. Our 30 bed Inpatient Rehab Unit has received the Rehabilitation Stroke Certification from the Joint Commission. Methodist Hospital Texsan has also been recognized by Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 3 years in a row and was a recipient of the 2019 Guardian of Excellence Award® by Press Ganey. For more information please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital Texsan under Locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.