Do you have the career opportunities as a Laboratory Director you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Laboratory Director where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Laboratory Director has responsibilities for the administrative oversight of the lab. The Laboratory Director ensures compliance with regulatory requirements, hospital policies and laboratory procedures. Responsible for daily oversight of laboratory operations, including expense and labor management. Responsible for reviewing and updating policies and procedures per regulatory requirements. Establishes and maintains positive physician, vendors and interdepartmental relationships.
Demonstrates the ability to:
- Provide appropriate customer service to all patients, visitors, physicians and co-workers utilizing AIDET while showing courtesy, compassion and respect.
- Utilize good problem solving abilities, making sure that problems are resolved, calling on other knowledgeable parties as necessary.
- Choose appropriate channels and times to discuss complaints or concerns.
- Evaluate collected laboratory data and prepare reports assessing accuracy, completeness, timeliness, progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions via LIS and middleware.
- Maintains confidentiality by following hospital rules and reminding others when necessary. (HIPPA)
- Actively participates in continuous quality improvement activities by making suggestions for improvement and helping to make positive changes to include quality control, quality assurance, safety, and inspection control practices.
- Actively participates in the team spirit of the department, helping to accomplish the department mission, and lending a helping hand to other members of the team as appropriate.
- Keeps COO appropriately informed of activities and developments across the Market.
- Performs assignments as directed by COO accurately in a timely manner.
- Check and maintain all forms of Laboratory communication (e-mail, shift change logs or any other assigned form of communication).
- Stays informed of hospital and department issues by attending meetings and reading correspondence.
- Actively participate in personal development plans by attending education programs and professional development activities.
- Maintain environment of care standards by knowing and following procedures in life safety, fire safety, infection control, universal precautions and security.
- Reviews set-up, evaluation and operation of current and new equipment/instruments.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the HCA Corporate Integrity Agreement and the objectives of the ethics and compliance program, as evidenced by participation in annual training and adherence to regulations and policies.
- Provide accountability for recruitment and retention activities as evidenced by feedback on employee satisfaction surveys.
- Completes mandatory education.
- Provide technical guidance and instruction to students, interns, residents, nursing staff and other employees.
- Mentor new employees.
- Conduct regular staff meetings.
- Disseminate communication to Laboratory staff.
- Employee & Internal Customer Rounding.
- Complete required processes for requisitions/positions.
- Maintains personnel records, including licensure, competencies and evaluations.
- Reviews proficiency reports and submits all to Medical Director.
- Maintains survey readiness, to include policies, procedures, reviews of records and reports, etc.
- Participate on Committees and provide Laboratory reports as required.
- Collaborates on Clinical Quality initiatives that involve processes or procedural changes to established Laboratory policies or procedures.
- Performs cost analysis on potential new or existing equipment and makes recommendations based on findings.
- Provides oversight of Point of Care (POC) Testing.
- Submit and present new POC testing to TX State Laboratory Board. Adheres to facility PPE guidelines.
What qualifications you will need:
- A Bachelor's Degree is required for this role; Master's Degree preferred
- Five years' clinical, four years' supervisory required
Integrated Regional Labs is a full service provider
for clinical laboratory and anatomic pathology services, providing hospitals, physicians, and clients with
timely diagnostic information for patient care. Our infrastructure includes a fully
automated esoteric core laboratory in Fort Lauderdale, a histology and microbiology operation in Largo,
Florida, and a network of hospital based rapid-response laboratories present in four
HCA Healthcare divisions within the state of Florida. Our core laboratories support more than
250 acute and rehab hospitals, physician practices, surgery centers and commercial
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute
for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the
delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Laboratory Director opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.