SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our PRN Respiratory Therapy department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
What you will do in this role:
The Respiratory Care Practitioner assesses, treats, and cares for patients with pulmonary disorders. The Respiratory Care Practitioner is responsible for the clinical administration of all therapeutic and diagnostic respiratory care modalities offered by the department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Operates and sets up devices such as: mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration, aerosol generators, and disposable respiratory care products.
- Provides emergency care, including: artificial ventilation, external cardiac massage, and assists staff with cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Collects and analyzes arterial blood gases and is able to recognize normal, abnormal, and critical values. If critical values are recognized, the Respiratory Care Practitioner is able to provide appropriate corrective intervention.
- Follows physician orders for treatment and evaluates requirements for treatment, such as: treatment type, mode and duration of therapy, universal precautions, and medication dosage.
- Monitors patients response to therapy by evaluation of vital signs, arterial blood gases, auscultation of breath sounds, pulse oximetry and end-tidal CO2 measurement.
- Consults with physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals for changes in patient’s status. The Respiratory Care Practitioner works as part of a team to manage the patients plan of care.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
Respiratory Care Practitioner license with the Texas Medical Board. Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) or Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential from the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC).
Basic Life Support (BLS) upon hire and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certifications required within 90 days of employment.
Methodist Hospital | Texsan
Methodist Hospital Texsan is a full service 120 bed acute care hospital specializing as one of South Texas’s premier heart and orthopedic hospitals. As an advanced center for cardiac care, we are certified in chest pain and heart failure with comprehensive cardiac services including research and clinical trials. Using state-of-the-art technology such as our robotics program, our orthopedic services, including the Joint Replacement Academy and the Center for Spine, boast some of the best clinical results in the industry.
Methodist Hospital Texsan is the first hospital in San Antonio to receive the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval for Chest Pain Certification. We have also received the Heart Care Center National Distinction of Excellence award – the highest recognition a hospital can receive. Our excellence extends to our ICU which was awarded the Silver Beacon Award for Excellence. Our Level IV trauma emergency service is a leader in San Antonio in patient experience and efficiency. Our 30 bed Inpatient Rehab Unit has received the Rehabilitation Stroke Certification from the Joint Commission.
Methodist Hospital Texsan has also been recognized by Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 3 years in a row and was a recipient of the 2019 Guardian of Excellence Award® by Press Ganey. For more information please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital Texsan under Locations.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.