Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Mammography Technologist PRN with South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Mammography Technologist PRN to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Seeking a Mammography Technologist who is responsible for the performance of mammography and/or assisting with other related radiographic breast procedures (e.g.; galactogram, stereotactic breast biopsy, et cetera). All work performed will be in compliance with Federal (MQSA) and State (Texas Department of State Health Services) regulations as well as with ACR guidelines
What you will do in this role:
1. Performs high quality mammograms through the use of proper positioning and correct operation of digital mammography equipment. Prepares the mammography room for use before and after procedure. Performs required quality control/quality assurance procedures in accordance with STRIC policy. Documents patient history and previous films, if any.
2. Acquires and maintains computer skills necessary for the proper use of the mammography equipment, STRIC radiology information system and PACS (scheduling exams, patient tracking, film tracking, proper completion of exams, capturing charges, et cetera).
3. Is willing to cross-train in other functions or positions and assume additional responsibilities in order to ensure satisfactory operation of the department or to permit flexible staffing assignments..
4. Supports the mission and vision of South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers and demonstrates excellent customer service at all times. Understands and complies with the South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers’ code-of-conduct and models ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues, and the community.
5. Understands and enforces applicable South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers’ policies and procedures as well as established rules and regulations.
6. Is able to work in a fast-paced and customer service-oriented environment and to perform duties and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
What qualifications you will need:
Minimum Education, Experience, and Certification Required:
1. High School graduate or GED preferred.
2. Graduate of an accredited school of radiology or 10+ years of experience in modality required.
3. Certification as a Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT).
4. Current CPR certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support.
South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers (STRIC) provides full service, outpatient diagnostic imaging and interventional radiology services. Professional interpretation and interventional procedures are provided by South Texas Radiology Group, P.A. (STRG). With over 70 Board-Certified Radiologists, some with sub-specialization in fields such as neuroradiology, musculoskeletal, body, cardiac, breast and interventional radiology, STRG has experience and a reputation that spans more than fifty years.
Our highly qualified and experienced registered technologists perform medically responsible imaging exams using some of the latest imaging technology available. With twenty-two facilities conveniently located throughout San Antonio, Boerne, and Schertz, STRIC is one of the largest outpatient diagnostic imaging providers in the area. For more information, please visit our website at www.stric.com.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Mammography Technologist PRN opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.