SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Special Procedures Department PRN. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package, and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, and student loan repayment assistance. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a Special Procedures Technologist PRN to join our team who will perform routine and complex Invasive Vascular and Therapeutic Imaging procedures as requested by a physician and under the direct supervision of a Radiologist or vascular surgeon for the diagnosis and treatment of organ and vascular disease in accordance with established protocols. The technologist must be able to effectively explain the procedure to the patient and be sure they are comfortable and at ease during the exam and provide care to the patients while obtaining diagnostic quality imaging for interpretation. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now.
What you will do in this role:
1. Performs interventional radiologic procedures (primarily Angiography) under the direction of a physician, utilizing ionizing radiation and other diagnostic methods: Assists the physician as required and responsible for processing all documentation.
2. Demonstrate competency in all diagnostic, standard and neurological Interventional radiology procedures, procedural scrub, room preparation and setup to include power injector.
3. Follows established standards and practices under the direction or a credentialed radiologist and/or vascular surgeon.
4. Competency in assisting with complex Invasive Vascular and Therapeutic Imaging procedures including but not limited to, diagnostic body and neuro angiograms, vascular and carotid stenting, embolization, Stroke intervention, Cerebral Aneurysms.
5. Participate in on-call schedule and for neurological cases must live within 30 minutes of the hospital to meet required response time.
6. Holding pressure and placement of closure devices. Operation of ultrasound machine, Operation and processing of 3D Imaging. Assisting in preparation of embolic material for embolization, various catheters, angioplasty balloons, vascular stents and coils
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
Graduate of accredited Radiologic Sciences program
One year minimum in Radiology
Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
• American Registry of Radiologic Technologist
• Texas Medical Board certified
• Basic Life Support (BLS)
Preferred: Vascular Interventional Certified. ARRT (VI)
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Methodist Hospital Northeast has played a major role in the phenomenal economic growth experienced in northeast Bexar County. With over 170 beds, the hospital offers a full array of services including 24/7 emergency care, open heart surgery, cardiac catheterizations, vascular, neurosurgery, inpatient rehabilitation, orthopedic surgery, cancer care, intensive care and inpatient and outpatient surgeries and procedures. It is home to the Joint Replacement Academy offering the latest treatment options for knee and hip pain, as well as a neurosurgical program offering services from elective spine surgeries to advanced and comprehensive brain and spine care.
We are recognized by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association as a Certified Primary Stroke Center; the American College of Cardiology as an Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI; and by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for having a Pathway to Excellence Program. Methodist Hospital Northeast has received the Mission: Lifeline® Bronze Receiving Quality Achievement Award for implementing specific quality improvement measures outlined by the American Heart Association for the treatment of patients who suffer severe heart attacks and the Texas Award for Performance Excellence. The hospital has also been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital Northeast under Locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.