DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our GI Lab. Submit your application today!
We offer full and part time employees an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a GI Lab Tech II who assists with procedures and other department tasks, ensuring continuous quality of care is provided to patients ranging in age from adolescent to geriatric under the direction of a qualified physician or Licensed Practitioner.
What you will do in this role:
1. Provides specialized care to patients, as delegated by a licensed practitioner and communicates changes in patient condition to the physician or licensed practitioner.
2. Demonstrates effective clinical skills utilizing time, equipment and supplies efficiently and properly, pre, intra and post procedure. Maintains accountability for instruments, supplies and sharps, throughout the procedure. Accurately handles specimens ensuring proper placement and labeling. Assists with the inventory control of supplies and maintenance of equipment.
3. Assists with orientation of newly assigned staff. Provides instruction to GI Lab Tech I on advanced procedures within the scope of demonstrated competency and skill.
4. Performs clinical actions as defined in annual competency and skills checklists. Demonstrates competence in all areas of gastroenterology: procedure preparation, technical factors and equipment maintenance and safety.
5. Complete assignments independently and works as part of a team; takes instructions from supervisors; exercises problem-solving skills; and interacts with co-workers, supervisors, patients, vendors and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
6. Understands and utilizes infection control standards related to disposable and non-disposable equipment. Incorporates patient safety in all areas of their technical practice including transporting patients to and from the department.
Minimum Education and Experience:
1 year experience in GI or surgical field.
Minimum License and Certificates Required: None
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
With over 370 beds Methodist Hospital Metropolitan offers outstanding heart and cancer care, general surgery, neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, obstetrics and gynecology services, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services, sleep disorder evaluation and the largest emergency room in downtown San Antonio. Our women’s pavilion is the only stand-alone center city facility dedicated to the health of women and their newborn babies, welcoming nearly 4,000 newborns into the world each year. Methodist Hospital Metropolitan is home to the Methodist Weight Loss Center and has been designated an American Society for Metabolic Surgery Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence®.
Our hospital has been recognized by Modern Healthcare as a Best Place to Work in Healthcare, and for the fourth consecutive year as a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation. It is the first hospital in San Antonio to achieve Pathway to Excellence designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Methodist Hospital Metropolitan has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog for focus on safety and quality, receiving a Grade A Hospital Safety Score for 8 consecutive rating periods. We are also proud to be an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the American College of Cardiology and Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission, as well as the first Texas hospital to earn a Gold Seal of Approval for Sepsis Certification. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital Metropolitan under Locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.