SHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Pulmonary Diagnostic Department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a Pulmonary Function Technologist to assess, treat, provide diagnostic testing, and care for patients with pulmonary disorders. Assumes primary responsibility for all respiratory care modalities, initiates and conducts therapeutic and diagnostic procedures, maintains patients records, and selects, assembles, checks, and operates respiratory equipment.
What you will do in this Role:
- Read prescriptions, measures arterial blood gases, perform pulmonary function tests as ordered or following department protocols, administers tests independently and accurately, with appropriate documentation, and reviews patient information to assess the patient’s condition.
- Evaluates requirements for treatment, such as treatment type, mode and duration of therapy, universal precautions, medication and dosage, in accordance with physician orders, and provides education and training to patients and family members.
- Monitors physiological response to therapy, such as vital signs, arterial blood gases, pulse oximetry, auscultation, and consults with the physician for changes in patient status.
- Sets up and operates devices such as mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration, aerosol generators, and disposable medical products, following specific parameters for treatment.
- Provides emergency care, including artificial ventilation, external cardiac message, and assists with cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Works as part of a team of physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals to manage patient care, enforce safety rules, and ensures adherence to the physician’s orders.
Education: Graduate of a respiratory therapy program: Certification, Associate degree, or Baccalaureate program preferred. Two(2) years of clinical experience preferred.
Experience: None Minimum License and Certificates Required: Texas Department of Health “Respiratory Care Practitioner” (RCP) license. National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) certification and/or registry preferred.
Methodist Healthcare System
Methodist Healthcare is recognized as the most respected and preferred healthcare provider in the South Texas region. As San Antonio’s second largest private employer, we employ more than 11,000 individuals, including 2,700 physicians in all specialties. Methodist Healthcare is a 50-50 co-ownership between Methodist Healthcare Ministries of South Texas, Inc. and HCA Healthcare. Since 1963, our commitment has never wavered in consistently improving the health and wellness of our community by “Serving Humanity to Honor God.”
Our network of greater San Antonio hospitals includes nine acute care facilities: Methodist Hospital, Methodist Children's Hospital, Methodist Hospital Ambulatory Surgery, Methodist Hospital Metropolitan, Methodist Hospital Northeast, Methodist Hospital South, Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant, Methodist Hospital Stone Oak and Methodist Hospital Texsan. We also offer 4 freestanding emergency centers in Boerne, Converse, Westover Hills, and the Quarry. At each of our facilities, we offer an outstanding selection of doctors, healthcare professionals, equipment and health services from wellness events to transplant services, pediatrics, dermatology, cardiology, oncology and a complete range of other medical services. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.