SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Laboratory department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a HIstology Laboratory Supervisor to join our team who will assists Manager with the day to day operations of the section/department which includes: managing personnel, developing and monitoring quality control, quality assurance and proficiency testing programs; developing and evaluating laboratory methodologies, protocols and techniques; overseeing care, maintenance, and utilization of department equipment, supplies, and inventories. Performs clinical testing.
What you will do in this role:
Supports Managers in personnel activities that may include interviewing, work allocation, orientation and training, staff development, problem resolution, evaluating performance (conducts annual feedbacks), making recommendations for personnel actions, and motivating employees to achieve peak performance. Is responsible for their employee’s output and conduct.
Understands laboratory methods, demonstrates knowledge of pathological processes with correlation of disease states and test results. Independently performs specimen processing and testing to include moderate and high complexity testing (as appropriate per facility). Satisfactorily completes competency checklist for this position. May administer quality control and calibration of instrumentation where applicable.
Assures compliance with accrediting agencies; understands and applies CQI principles; anticipates needs and develops, implements, and evaluates quality assurance programs, provides corrective action and documentation.
Develops and evaluates laboratory methodologies, procedures and techniques in the area of clinical specialty.
Acts as a resource to customers, both within the department and outside the department, on testing methods and procedures, and laboratory operations, safety and training. Functions as laboratory liaison and contact person in the absence of other management personnel.
Oversees ordering, care, maintenance and utilization of department equipment, supplies, and inventories.
Education/Experience: Must have ONE of the following
- A. High school diploma or equivalent and have successfully completed an official military medical laboratory procedures course and have held the military enlisted occupational specialty of Medical Laboratory Specialist (or branch specific job title).
- B. 60 semester hours or equivalent from an accredited institution that, at a minimum, includes either 24 semester hours of medical laboratory technology courses, OR 24 semester hours of science courses that include six semester hours of chemistry, six semester hours of biology, and 12 semester hours of chemistry, biology, or medical laboratory technology in any combination and laboratory training including either completion of an accredited clinical laboratory training program, or at least three months documented laboratory training in each specialty in which the individual performs high complexity testing
- C. Associate Degree in a chemical, physical, or biological science or medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution
- D. Bachelor Degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology from an accredited institution
- MT(ASCP), MLS(ASCP), MT(AMT), MT(AAB), MLT(AAB) CLS(NCA), CLT(NCA), MT(HEW), MLT(ASCP), M(ASCP), BB(ASCP), H(ASCP) C(ASCP) OR MLT(AMT), HTL(ASCP)
- Certification is waived for those with 15+ years of lab experience (per CLIA 1988 guidelines)
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. With over 800 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, oncology, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. We are proud to be the largest provider of the lifesaving ECMO Program in San Antonio, are home to the largest robotics program in the world, and our Adult Blood Cancer and Stem Cell Transplant unit has become the first program to receive FACT Accreditation in North America.
As the flagship hospital, and most comprehensive medical care facility of Methodist Healthcare, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community. We’ve recently been named the No.1 Best Regional Hospital by the U.S. News and World Report for 2019-20. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of care possible for our patients, which is proven by our consecutive Grade A Leapfrog Hospital Safety scores. In addition, Methodist Hospital not only received a Primary Stroke Center designation from The Joint Commission, but has also received a Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification from DNV GL Healthcare, designating the facility as offering the most advanced stroke treatment available in a given geographic area. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.