This job posting is no longer active.
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Medical Assistant opening with CareNow today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
At CareNow, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
We are seeking a(an) Medical Assistant for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Seeking a Clinical Medical Assistant like you who provides expertise and to be a champion of patient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do.
As a Medical Assistant, you will:
* Prepare patients for examination and treatment by taking patient histories and vital signs
* Prepare exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments for your patients including preparation and maintenance of supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization
* Give injections, and assist with lab testing and phlebotomy needs
* Assist physicians in applying splints, dressings, and bandages
* Assist with transfers and scheduling of follow-up care
* Coordinate patient physicals and work place injuries for partner accounts
* Screen incoming calls for referral to physicians and practitioners
You Should Have:
* 1+ year of experience in a clinical patient setting is preferred
* Experience using an EHR system is very helpful
* Graduate of an accredited school of Medical Assisting or completion of an approved program (BOTP) is required
* Certification from the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) is helpful
* The ability to obtain a Federal Breath Alcohol Screening Certificate and Federal Drug Screening Certification within 30 days of start preferred
The CareNow Urgent Care Clinic hours of operations are: Monday through Friday from 8am – 9pm, Saturday 8am – 8pm, and Sunday 8am – 5pm. You must have the flexibility to work during those hours.
Potential Military Occupational Specialist matches include these Army MOS codes: 68B, 68D, 68F, 68K, 68N, 68Q, 68S, 68U, 68V, 68W, 68Y. Potential Air Force codes: 4A1X1, 4A2X1, 4H0X1, 4J0X2, 4P0X1, 4T0X1.
CareNow delivers quality, convenient, patient-centered urgent care with unparalleled service. We are in more than 100 urgent care clinics around the United States. We are committed to staffing our clinics with the most qualified and experienced providers. Our providers are dedicated to improving lives and leading the charge in urgent care medicine. Our physician-guided focus is centered on providing extensive resources. And we provide support to our growing CareNow® physician team. Our doctors and medical staff are trained in family practice, emergency medicine or internal medicine. We offer a wide range of primary and urgent care services for the entire family. CareNow is an affiliate of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Medical Assistant opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.