SHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak continues to grow and build on our reputation as a hospital where high-tech and high-touch come together. It is a streamlined, energy-efficient, patient-focused health care facility equipped with the most modern technology available. With over 240 beds, services include emergency care, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, neonatology, oncology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, and acute rehab services.
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak is accredited by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center and Chest Pain Center. The stroke rehabilitation program has received the Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for Disease-Specific Care Certification of Stroke Rehabilitation. Methodist Hospital Stone Oak belongs to the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery and has become a leader in robotic surgeries with a highly experienced team of surgeons offering this minimally invasive option to patients. Surgeons from around the country come to train under the facility’s world class team. The hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A and by Modern Healthcare as one of the Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare. It also been recognized as a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® and by Medicare.gov as #1 in San Antonio and #6 in the entire nation. Methodist Hospital Stone Oak is 1 of only 102 hospitals to receive Medicare.gov’s 5-star rating. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital Stone Oak under Locations.
We offer you a generous benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Time Off
Employee Discount Program
Employee Stock Purchase Program
General Statement of Duties:
The Anesthesia Coordinator is responsible for coordinating anesthesia equipment and supplies for patients receiving an anesthetic. Duties include preparation and cleaning of anesthetic machines and equipment for each procedure, anticipating needs of the anesthetist, assisting the anesthetist during procedures, and maintaining supply levels and functional equipment. The Coordinator is a senior technician that works in a collaborative role with the circulating RN and provides training and support to the other anesthesia technicians within the department in addition to performing anesthesia technician duties.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Coordinates the availability and scheduling of equipment and supplies used in anesthesia. Maintains designated par levels of anesthesia supplies and ensures carts are stocked with immediate use items for each operative procedure. Participates in evaluating new equipment/supplies that pertain to the anesthesia service.
2. Consistently uses aseptic technique, and correctly sets up and prepares needed supplies and equipment for invasive line monitoring. Assists the anesthetist in the preparation and draping for invasive line placement and monitoring.
3. Works in collaboration with the circulating nurse and anticipates the needs of the anesthetist; assists the anesthetist with arterial and/or central line placement, regional, epidural and spinal blocks and the induction of general anesthesia.
4. Ensures utilized equipment is appropriately cleaned, stored and in proper working order prior to use; performs basic equipment troubleshooting as necessary. Submits work orders in a timely manner for needed maintenance/repairs. Properly cleans and stores equipment after use. Schedules preventative maintenance as required and follows up on completion.
5. Assists in orientation and training of new employees to the role of the anesthesia technician.
6. Under supervision of the circulating nurse, demonstrates proper cell saver device set up for blood collection and conducts effective blood salvage operation.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
High school graduate or equivalent
2. Experience: As of April 7, 2011 one year experience as an anesthesia technician in a hospital setting.
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service
line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population
served (if applicable).
4. Preferred: prior anesthesia technician experience in a hospital setting
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required: None
Preferred: Anesthesia technician certification (Cer.A.T.) from the American Society of Anesthesia Technologists and Technicians (ASATT).
Environmental and Physical Demands/Hazardous Conditions:
( X) INSIDE: Spends approximately 40__ hours or more per week inside.
( ) OUTSIDE: Spend approximately __ hours per week outside (driving/running work related errands).
( ) BOTH: The activities occur inside and outside in approximately equal amounts.
WORK POSITIONS: (defined in 5% increments of work time):
Sitting 15 % + Standing 15 % + Walking 70 % = 100%
LIFTING/CARRYING DEMANDS: Ability to lift, push and pull with assistance (mechanical or co-worker) the weight of an average patient/heaviest object specific to the department.
( ) SEDENTARY WORK: Lifting 10 lbs. maximum and occasional lifting and/or carrying articles.
( ) LIGHT WORK: Lifting 20 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying articles weighing up to 10 lbs.
( X ) MEDIUM WORK: Lifting 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
( ) HEAVY WORK: Lifting 100 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
( ) VERY HEAVY WORK: Lifting objects in excess of 100 lbs. with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing more than 50 lbs.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.