SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Respiratory Therapy department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including a competitive salary, excellent benefits package, and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
What you will do in this role:
The Respiratory Care Practitioner PRN assesses, treats, and cares for patients with pulmonary disorders. The Respiratory Care Practitioner is responsible for the clinical administration of all therapeutic and diagnostic respiratory care modalities offered by the department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Operates and sets up devices such as mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration, aerosol generators, and disposable respiratory care products.
- Provides emergency care, including artificial ventilation, external cardiac massage, and assists staff with cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Collects and analyzes arterial blood gases and can recognize normal, abnormal, and critical values. If critical values are recognized, the Respiratory Care Practitioner can provide appropriate corrective intervention.
- Follows physician orders for treatment and evaluates requirements for treatment, such as treatment type, mode and duration of therapy, universal precautions, and medication dosage.
- Monitors patient's response to therapy by evaluation of vital signs, arterial blood gases, auscultation of breath sounds, pulse oximetry, and end-tidal CO2 measurement.
- Consults with physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals for changes in patient status. The Respiratory Care Practitioner works as part of a team to manage the patient's plan of care.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
Respiratory Care Practitioner license with the Texas Medical Board. Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) or Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential from the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC).
Basic Life Support (BLS) upon hire and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certifications are required within 90 days of employment.
Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital
Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital is licensed for 382 beds and has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A. It receives international acclaim for its outstanding and dynamic kidney, liver, and pancreas transplant programs, setting record numbers for volume and outcomes. Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital is home to the Texas Transplant Institute, a nationally recognized center that recently performed the world’s first 16-way kidney donor exchange chain during three consecutive days at a single hospital.
Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital earned designation as a Center of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Excellence from the American Society for Bariatric Surgery in 2008. Our Sexual Assault Response Team provides a compassionate environment for sexual assault survivors ages 13 and up. This program serves as a model for hospitals and agencies all over the world.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.