This job posting is no longer active.
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Nuclear Medicine Tech PRN today with South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Come join our team as a(an) Nuclear Medicine Tech PRN. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Essential Job Functions:
1. Performs Nuclear Medicine procedures and evaluates images for technical quality. Demonstrates competence in all aspects of nuclear medicine: physiology, procedure prep, technical factors, positioning, etc.
2. Administers radiopharmaceuticals to patients for diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
3. Adheres to all conditions of the Radioactive Material License and the Operating, Safety, and Emergency Procedures.
4. Performs and documents wipe testing, radiation surveys, dose calibrator assays, et cetera as required. Performs all required quality control/quality assurance procedures.
5. Generates and maintains all additional required records.
6. Demonstrates competence with and proper use of the Radiology Information System to include scheduling of exams, completion of exams, and entering of charges for procedures performed.
Additional Job Functions:
1. Submits ideas for improvements or changes needed to improve department operations.
2. Immediately reports any equipment malfunctions to supervisors.
3. Supports the mission and vision of South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers (STRIC).
4. Understands and is committed to helping the Methodist Healthcare System and its associated facilities achieve its goals.
5. Must learn and comply with System and facility safety policies and rules; must use appropriate safety equipment and procedures at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features of equipment, tools or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisors (prior to job performance) if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
6. Adheres to the STRIC Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community. Understands the personal obligation to report any activity that appears to violate applicable laws, rules regulations or the Code of Conduct itself.
7. Completes other duties as assigned
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: High School/ GED and graduate of an accredited (preferably by Joint Review Committee on Educational Programs in Nuclear Medicine Technology - JRCNMT) educational program.
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
1. Required: must be registered or registry eligible by the American Registry of Radiologic
Technology [RT(N)] or by the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board [CNMT]. If registry eligible, the individual must be in possession of a temporary Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT) certification by the Texas Medical Board. The employee must have passed the registry (either ARRT or NMTCB) and be in possession of a permanent MRT certification within one year of the date of issuance of the temporary MRT certification.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute
for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the
delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Nuclear Medicine Tech PRN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.