DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital is licensed for 382 beds and has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A. It receives international acclaim for its outstanding and dynamic kidney, liver and pancreas transplant programs, setting record numbers for volume and outcomes. Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital is home to the Texas Transplant Institute, a nationally recognized center that recently performed the world’s first 16-way kidney donor exchange chain during three consecutive days at a single hospital.
Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital earned designation as a Center of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Excellence from the American Society for Bariatric Surgery in 2008. Our Sexual Assault Response Team provides a compassionate environment for sexual assault survivors ages 13 and up. This program serves as a model for hospitals and agencies all over the world. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital under Locations.
We offer you a generous benefits package including:
Seeking a GI Lab Tech who assists with procedures and other department tasks, ensuring continuous quality of care is provided to patients ranging in age from adolescent to geriatric under the direction of a qualified physician or Licensed Practitioner.
What you will do in this role:
1. Provides specialized care to patients, as delegated by a licensed practitioner and communicates changes in patient condition to the physician or licensed practitioner.
2. Demonstrates effective clinical skills utilizing time, equipment and supplies efficiently and properly, pre, intra and post procedure. Maintains accountability for instruments, supplies and sharps, throughout the procedure. Accurately handles specimens ensuring proper placement and labeling. Assists with the inventory control of supplies and maintenance of equipment.
3. Assists with orientation of newly assigned staff. Provides instruction to GI Lab Tech I on advanced procedures within the scope of demonstrated competency and skill.
4. Performs clinical actions as defined in annual competency and skills checklists. Demonstrates competence in all areas of gastroenterology: procedure preparation, technical factors and equipment maintenance and safety.
5. Complete assignments independently and works as part of a team; takes instructions from supervisors; exercises problem-solving skills; and interacts with co-workers, supervisors, patients, vendors and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
6. Understands and utilizes infection control standards related to disposable and non-disposable equipment. Incorporates patient safety in all areas of their technical practice including transporting patients to and from the department.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Minimum License and Certificates Required: None
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.