DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak
CT/MRI 3D Applications Specialist
CT Department/Clinical Technicians
Full Time - Non-Exempt
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our CT Department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a CT/MRI 3D Applications Specialist who, under manager direction, is responsible for post-processing CT/MRI data in an accurate and timely manner. The 3D CT/MRI Specialist assists the Manager with quality control of the 3D Lab and CT/MRI department. The 3D CT/MRI Specialist assures all MRI staff is properly trained on all CT/MRI equipment regarding advanced imaging techniques. The 3D CT/MRI Specialist stays current of all technical advances/techniques in the field of 3D CT/MR post-processing techniques. Performs diagnostic procedures utilizing CT/MRI imaging equipment and diagnostic procedures using the principles of Computed Tomography, Magnetic Resonance Imaging to include advanced imaging.
What you will do in this role:
1. Performs post-processing on CT/MRI data sets. These skills are to be performed in a timely and efficient manner. Maintains quality control measures of the 3D Lab, CT/MRI department insuring good documentation and follow-through on issues.
2. Demonstrates knowledge in all areas of CT, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, 3D post-processing, positioning, procedure preparation and technical factors associated with the CT, MRI and post-processing systems.
3. Communicates well with others, is able to prioritize tasks, and acts as a mentor to staff as needed while providing quality in-services and instructions.
4. Ensures proper working condition of all CT/MRI post-processing equipment. Coordinates with vendors for repairs, scheduled maintenance. Maintains inventory and equipment service records.
5. Assists in establishing QC/QA protocols as required by JCAHO, ACR, OSHA, TDH and other agencies when applicable.
6. Responsible for the proper use of the RIS (scheduling exams, patient tracking, film tracking, proper completion of exams and to assist the department manager in-patient charging accuracy.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: ONE of the following:
A. Certificate of Training in Radiologic Technology Program
B. Associates of Science or above in Radiologic Technology
Two years experience in CT and/or MRI
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
4. Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
1. Current Medical Radiologic Technologist Certification from Texas Department of Health AND
2. Maintenance of ONE of the following by October 1, 2012:
a. Advanced certification in CT or Magnetic Resonance Imaging [American
Registry of Radiologic Technologist ARRT (CT) or (MR)]
b. American Registry of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technology (ARMRIT)
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak continues to grow and build on our reputation as a hospital where high-tech and high-touch come together. It is a streamlined, energy-efficient, patient-focused health care facility equipped with the most modern technology available. With over 240 beds, services include emergency care, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, neonatology, oncology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, and acute rehab services.
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak is accredited by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center and Chest Pain Center. The stroke rehabilitation program has received the Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for Disease-Specific Care Certification of Stroke Rehabilitation. Methodist Hospital Stone Oak belongs to the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery and has become a leader in robotic surgeries with a highly experienced team of surgeons offering this minimally invasive option to patients. Surgeons from around the country come to train under the facility’s world class team. The hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A and by Modern Healthcare as one of the Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare. It also been recognized as a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® and by Medicare.gov as #1 in San Antonio and #6 in the entire nation. Methodist Hospital Stone Oak is 1 of only 102 hospitals to receive Medicare.gov’s 5-star rating. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital Stone Oak under Locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.