SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Full Time - Mixed with rotating weekends
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Food and Nutrition Department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
As a Food Service Worker-Utility you will assist with the preparation of foods and beverages for patient tray lines. You will be responsible for cleaning work areas, equipment, and utensils, set up, and service. You will serve a range of hot and cold food items.
What you will do In This Role:
- As a Food Service Worker-Utility you will demonstrate correct food handling techniques such as portioning serving sizes by using appropriate serving utensils, and controlling temperature of tray line foods in accordance to HACCP regulations.
- You will demonstrate a complete understanding of prescribed sanitation regulations such as washing hands, changing of gloves/aprons, and use of sanitized water.
- You will maintain and clean work areas, including floors, facilities, utensils, and equipment; collects and places garbage and trash in designated containers. You will deliver and retrieve patient food trays in a timely manner and at the proper temperatures.
- You will demonstrate the ability to work at least 50% of the stations on tray line.
- As a Food Service Worker-Utility you will replenish foods, silverware, dishes, and trays at serving stations; you may replenish condiments as needed.
- You will understand basic diet restrictions as applied to tray line operations, and adhere to established tray line procedures to meet the diet restrictions.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
Methodist Hospital Northeast has played a major role in the phenomenal economic growth experienced in northeast Bexar County. With over 170 beds, the hospital offers a full array of services including 24/7 emergency care, open heart surgery, cardiac catheterizations, vascular, neurosurgery, inpatient rehabilitation, orthopedic surgery, cancer care, intensive care and inpatient and outpatient surgeries and procedures. It is home to the Joint Replacement Academy offering the latest treatment options for knee and hip pain, as well as a neurosurgical program offering services from elective spine surgeries to advanced and comprehensive brain and spine care.
We are recognized by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association as a Certified Primary Stroke Center; the American College of Cardiology as an Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI; and by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for having a Pathway to Excellence Program. Methodist Hospital Northeast has received the Mission: Lifeline® Bronze Receiving Quality Achievement Award for implementing specific quality improvement measures outlined by the American Heart Association for the treatment of patients who suffer severe heart attacks and the Texas Award for Performance Excellence. The hospital has also been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital Northeast under Locations.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.