SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Methodist FSER Potranco
Certified Medical Technologist II
Full Time – Non-Exempt
Day Shift, Rotating Weekends
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Laboratory department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
We are seeking a Certified Medical Technologist II to join our team who is responsible for performing complex medical laboratory tests for diagnosis and treatment of disease, analyzing and assuming accountability for accurate test results, maintenance of complicated instruments, and monitoring quality control and quality assurance programs.
What you will do as a Certified Medical Technologist II:
- Perform specimen processing and testing independently to include moderate and high complexity testing.
- Analyze test results - demonstrate knowledge of pathological processes with correlation of disease states and test results.
- Understand, perform, and practice preventive maintenance; troubleshoot and take corrective action. Demonstrate pro-active problem solving skills to include identifying a problem and taking appropriate action; know when to seek guidance to complete troubleshooting protocol.
- Understand, perform, and practice quality control to include running controls, evaluating data, documentation of data, and taking corrective action as required. Communicate any relevant QC information to supervisor/lead tech.
- Review, write or modify departmental procedures or policies.
- Meet timeliness for gaining skills. Satisfactorily complete competency checklist for this position. Assume responsibility for own development to include cross-training in other functions or positions to ensure satisfactory operation of the department or to permit flexible staffing assignments.
Qualifications - External
- A minimum of 15 years of clinical lab experience is required for those with a high school diploma or equivalent.
- For those with an Associates degree, a minimum 2 years of experience in a clinical lab setting is required. Clinical lab experience is preferred for those with a Bachelor's degree.
- One of the following certifications is required: MT(ASCP), MLS(ASCP), MT(AMT), MT(AAB), CLS(NCA), MT(HEW), CLT(NCA), MLT(ASCP), or MLT(AMT). The certification requirement is waived for those with 5 years of lab experience.
- We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Methodist ER Legacy Trails
Methodist ER Legacy Trails serves the Northwest and surrounding areas with our 24/7 freestanding emergency center. This 7,000 square foot facility includes 7 all-private treatment rooms and a full range of services such as radiology, a full-service laboratory and telemetry. We offer the benefit of immediate intervention for emergencies where treatment time is critical, including 24-hour monitoring and testing of patients, such as chest pain cases. Our compassionate team of medical professionals work to stabilize critical patients and transport, should they need hospitalization, to a Methodist hospital in San Antonio. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist ER Legacy Trails under Locations, Emergency Rooms.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.