Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a Surgical Tech PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Methodist Ambulatory Surgery-Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Methodist Ambulatory Surgery-Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Surgical Tech PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, the Surgical Tech contributes to the company’s mission and vision by assisting with the provision of safe and effective nursing care in accordance with a defined scope of practice within the operating room. This may include: direct patient care and observation, scrubbing and assisting the surgeon at the operative field, surgical room turnover between cases, collection and recording of pertinent clinical data in the medical record and consistent collaboration with the Registered Nurse in clinical decision making.
What you will do in this role:
* Demonstrate necessary practical, technical, or specialized skills required for the role of the surgical technician in accordance with Association of Surgical Technologists
* Assist in preparing the operative suite for surgery by checking and gathering supplies, equipment, and instruments
* Ensure that surgical asepsis is maintained in the handling of instruments, sponges, sutures, drains, needles, and dressings
* Assist in the turnover of the O.R. suites between cases, disposing of trash and linens, and cleaning of equipment and environmental surfaces
* Prepare procedure room for use the following day by bringing in equipment, setting up, "pulling cases" accurately, and reporting to supervisor items that are needed and not available
Qualifications you will need:
* Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program (preferred)
* One year experience in an operating room setting (preferably in an ambulatory surgery center)
* Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program as required per facility practice and state regulatory requirement; otherwise preferred
* Valid BCLS Certification upon employment ***Online certification not acceptable
Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Center is located in the heart of San Antonio Medical Center. Our AAAHC accredited center is a top revenue producing facility for HCA Healthcare Ambulatory Surgery Division. We perform over 750 cases a month in ophthalmology, gynecology, ENT, pediatric, urology, GI, podiatry, dental and general surgery.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Surgical Tech PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status