This job posting is no longer active.
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Central Sterile Technician opening with Stone Oak Surgicenter today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
Stone Oak Surgicenter, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a Central Sterile Technician for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As the Certified Instrument/Sterile Processing Tech, under the direction of a Registered Nurse, will contribute to the company’s mission and vision by assisting with the care of patients by providing properly cleaned, sterilized, highly disinfected instruments and supplies.
What you will do in this role:
- You will demonstrate knowledge related to maintenance, cleanliness, and sterilization of instruments and equipment
- You will maintain a sanitary environment for the provision of patient care
- You will demonstrates awareness of appropriate sterilization methods needed for different instruments in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions
- You will demonstrate knowledge of high level disinfection and sterilization of endoscopy equipment.
- You will maintain a daily log, testing for efficacy of disinfecting solution with each cycle and perform biological testing
- You will monitor and record all test loads and sterilization cycles while documenting any deviation from normal functioning to OR Coordinator and/or Nurse Manager
- You will maintain an accurate log for equipment out for repair
Qualifications for this role:
- One year experience in surgical instrument sterilization processing, preferably in an acute care or ambulatory surgery center environment
- Valid BCLS Certification upon employment***online certification not acceptable
- Certification and knowledge of standards and recommended guidelines of Association of Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI) and American Society of Healthcare Central Service Professionals (ASHCSP)
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Central Sterile Technician opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.