Here at Methodist Healthcare, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
We want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
Sign on and relocation bonuses are being offered!
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Moving, mortgage, and real estate assistance
- 100% matching 401k based on years of service
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We are seeking ECMO experienced nurses for our Methodist Hospital to ensure we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
ECMO Primer RN:
- Work in collaboration with highly skilled ECMO trained physicians as well as specialty trained cardiologists, intensive care physicians, and heart failure physicians
- Accurate patient information review and evaluation o Uses at least two ways to identify patients before performing procedure o Accesses the patient medical record appropriately
- Infection Prevention o Practices consistent hand hygiene o Uses personal protective equipment (PPE) o Required immunizations per Division requirements o Complies with Isolation precautions
- Preps, builds, and primes ECMO circuits o Maintains equipment in good working order
- Demonstrates effective infection control practices related to equipment operation
- Bilateral site cannulation to dual lumen cannulation o Transition to hybrid ECMO configuration o Implant of dual lumen cannula o Circuit changes, adding pigtails, and adding pressure lines o In-House Transports
- Assist physical therapy and occupational therapy
- ECMO circuit advanced troubleshooting and emergencies
- Monitor o Thrombosis o Function o Equipment failure
- Accidental decannulation
- Instruct and mentor ECMO specialist
- Annual Competency skills validation
- Complete 3 clear primes quarterly in wet labs or clinical scenarios
- Participate in at least one prime/ECMO initiation or circuit change
- Must work at least two 12 hour ECMO Specialist shifts in a six month period
- Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
In this role you will:
- Assess, plan, and evaluate patient care needs
- Carry out physician orders
- Administer prescribed medications, change dressings, clean wounds, and monitor vital signs
- Provide respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients
- Serve as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care
- Monitor, record, and communicate patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems
- Instruct and educate patients and families.
- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team
What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or baccalaureate degree nursing program
- Current RN License in the State of Texas or Multi-State Compact License (Employees with RN Compact License are required to obtain Texas RN License within 90 days of hire date)
- Completion of ECMO Specialist Course
- Current American Heart Association BLS Certification
- Preferred More than 1 year of ECMO Specialist with Cardiac/Surgical ICU experience
- Preferred ECMO Primer Course
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. With over 800 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, oncology, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. We are proud to be the largest provider of the lifesaving ECMO Program in San Antonio, are home to the largest robotics program in the world, and our Adult Blood Cancer and Stem Cell Transplant unit has become the first program to receive FACT Accreditation in North America.
As the flagship hospital, and most comprehensive medical care facility of Methodist Healthcare, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community. We’ve recently been named the No.1 Best Regional Hospital by the U.S. News and World Report for 2019-20. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of care possible for our patients, which is proven by our consecutive Grade A Leapfrog Hospital Safety scores. In addition, Methodist Hospital not only received a Primary Stroke Center designation from The Joint Commission, but has also received a Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification from DNV GL Healthcare, designating the facility as offering the most advanced stroke treatment available in a given geographic area. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.