This job posting is no longer active.
Certified Medical Assistant
Full Time – Monday to Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Wound Care Clinic#. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a Certified Medical Assistant to join our team who will perform diversified clinical and administrative support duties for the outpatient organ failure/organ transplantation program. The Medical Assistant Transplant will utilize skills in performing technical skills and support skills for the nursing staff in order to care for the patient in an effective and efficient manner.
What you will do in this role:
- Performs routine duties in caring for outpatient clinic patients as directed by the Registered Nurse and is able to demonstrate appropriate skills and/or competencies.
- Screens and collects data from patients, including patient histories. Assists with patient discharge preparations as instructed by RN. Reports and documents pertinent information such as vital signs, weights.
- Calls and/or faxes prescription refills to the pharmacy following office protocols and/or after approval from physician. Retrieves medication from pharmacy and transports to the clinic as directed by the RN.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information and records at all times.
- Performs Electrocardiograms, Non-invasive hemodynamic testing, vital signs, weights, phlebotomy, injections, removes sutures/staples, simple dressing changes (clean and dry, sterile), assist with sterile procedures, simple, non-sterile dressings, and removes peripheral IV’s, records response to treatments and reports pertinent information to appropriate RN. Obtains and labels specimens from wounds, Guiac stool specimens, Urine and sputum collection in cups, blood collection and transports specimens to lab as directed.
- Provides assistance to other nursing personnel as needed. Assists with the orientation of new personnel as appropriate. Runs errands, stocks examination rooms, maintains cleanliness of patient rooms, and triage area on a daily basis. Performs other duties as delegated by the RN
- Prepares charts and orders for patient’s upcoming clinic visit. Assist with clerical duties as assigned, including medical records correspondence, scheduling procedures, and collecting testing reports for RN to review and coordinating patient testing for transplant evaluations. Will assist in other clerical duties such as answering telephone calls, pages. Medical assistant will triage messages appropriately to the RN
A minimum of a High School diploma or GED equivalent, two to three years in the medical field as a Medical Assistant or Certified Nurse Aide, and one of the following certifications is required: Certified Nurse Aide or Medical Assistant Certification.
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. With over 800 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, oncology, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. We are proud to be the largest provider of the lifesaving ECMO Program in San Antonio, are home to the largest robotics program in the world, and our Adult Blood Cancer and Stem Cell Transplant unit has become the first program to receive FACT Accreditation in North America.
As the flagship hospital, and most comprehensive medical care facility of Methodist Healthcare, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community. We’ve recently been named the No.1 Best Regional Hospital by the U.S. News and World Report for 2019-20. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of care possible for our patients, which is proven by our consecutive Grade A Leapfrog Hospital Safety scores. In addition, Methodist Hospital not only received a Primary Stroke Center designation from The Joint Commission, but has also received a Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification from DNV GL Healthcare, designating the facility as offering the most advanced stroke treatment available in a given geographic area. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.