This job posting is no longer active.
Methodist Hospital Specialty & Transplant
Nuclear Medicine Tech
Nuclear Medicine Department/Clinical Technicians
PRN - Non-Exempt
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Nuclear Medicine Department. Submit your application today!
We offer full and part time employees an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a Nuclear Medicine Tech who will be responsible for the safety of the patient, keeping records as designated for quality control, quality assurance and state regulatory agencies. Insure handling, receipt, administration and disposal of radioactive materials.
What you will do in this role:
1. Follows all regulations on the radioactive materials license set by the Texas Department of Health for that specific institution.
2. Administers radiopharmaceuticals to patients for diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
3. Demonstrates competence in the area of nuclear medicine: positioning, physiology, procedure prep and technical factors. The technologist must also demonstrate proper handling of radiopharmaceuticals and record keeping according to Nuclear Medicine guidelines.
4. Demonstrate proper use of the Radiology Information System to include scheduling exams, completion of exams, patient and film tracking and entering of charges according to procedures performed.
5. Checks label of isotope to be injected carefully and assay it while observing all radiation safety regulations.
6. Facilitates and participates in current and future Radiology Department CQI monitoring and implement changes accordingly. Employees shall assist in collection of data, reviewing and revising the CQI program to be in compliance with accrediting agencies, hospital goals, departmental Policies and Procedures. All employees shall demonstrate knowledge and responsibility for ongoing CQI.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: ONE of the following:
A. Graduate of a Nuclear Medicine training program
B. ALL of the following:
i.Graduate of Radiology Technologist program
ii.Both registry/certification requirements listed below
iii.One year experience as a nuclear medicine technologist
None (see Education requirement above for exception under 1.B.)
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
2 years previous experience as a nuclear medicine technologist in a hospital setting
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
1. Medical Radiologic Technologist Certification from Texas Department of Health
2. Must have ONE of the following within six months of hire date:
i. ARRT (N) or
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
MethodistHospital Specialty and Transplant has been nationally recognized for its recordsetting kidney, liver and pancreas transplant programs. It is home to the TexasTransplant Institute and is the largest living donor kidney transplant programin the US. According to the United Network of Organ Sharing database, the centerreached a major milestone in 2019 by performing 231 living donor kidneytransplants in a single year setting a new national record - that’s 65 moretransplants than the second center on the list.
Inaddition to transplant care, Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant is afull service hospital with over 260 beds that provides specialized services forliver cancer care, hepatobiliary surgery, emergency care, weight loss surgery,urology surgery, vascular surgery, inpatient rehabilitation, colorectal surgeryand behavioral health care. Our surgical expertise extends to robotics, withfour da Vinci surgical robots in use. It has been recognized as a Center ofMetabolic and Bariatric Surgery Excellence from the American Society forBariatric Surgery since 2008. Our Sexual Assault Response Team provides acompassionate environment for sexual assault survivors ages 13+, serving as amodel for hospitals and agencies all over the world. Specialty and Transplantprides itself on providing the highest quality of patient care possible asproven by their five consecutive Grade A scores from the Leapfrog’s HospitalSafety Grade survey. For more information, please visit our website atwww.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant underLocations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.