Methodist Hospital Northeast
CT Scan Technician
CT Scan Department/Clinical Technologists
FT, Days - Non-Exempt
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our CT Scan Department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
What you will do in this role:
1. Demonstrates competency in all areas of computerized tomography (CT), positioning, procedure preparation, and technical factors associated with the CT Systems. Will display knowledge in the use of all other equipment used in CT Scan such as: power injectors, stereotactic biopsy equipment, biopsy and drainage needles and devices, and any other devices/equipment used in CT.
2. Responsible for the proper use of the Radiology Imaging System, Meditech (scheduling exams, patient tracking, Image tracking, proper completion of exams, capture charges).
3. Must demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care to neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
4. Will follow safety policies and procedures applicable to the job, recognizes impending crisis situations and institutes measures (such as adjusting priorities) to prevent further complications and makes a report to their supervisor.
5. Maintains cleanliness and inventory of the CT rooms to include equipment and facilities. Must follow proper disinfection techniques, restocks supplies as necessary, carts or work area will be cleaned and stocked at the completion of each shift.
6. Must be able to complete assignments independently and to work as part of a team; to take instructions from supervisors or team lead, to exercise problem-solving skills; and to interact with co-workers, supervisors, patients, vendors and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
• Associates of Science or above in Radiologic Technology or completion of an approved program in Radiologic Technology.
• Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
1. Required: Medical Radiologic Technologist Certification from Texas Medical Board.
2. Must have ARRT (R) at time of hire.
3. Must have or eligible to test and be ARRT (CT) within 6 months of hire.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Methodist Hospital Northeast has played a major role in the phenomenal economic growth experienced in northeast Bexar County. With over 170 beds, the hospital offers a full array of services including 24/7 emergency care, open heart surgery, cardiac catheterizations, vascular, neurosurgery, inpatient rehabilitation, orthopedic surgery, cancer care, intensive care and inpatient and outpatient surgeries and procedures. It is home to the Joint Replacement Academy offering the latest treatment options for knee and hip pain, as well as a neurosurgical program offering services from elective spine surgeries to advanced and comprehensive brain and spine care.
We are recognized by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association as a Certified Primary Stroke Center; the American College of Cardiology as an Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI; and by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for having a Pathway to Excellence Program. Methodist Hospital Northeast has received the Mission: Lifeline® Bronze Receiving Quality Achievement Award for implementing specific quality improvement measures outlined by the American Heart Association for the treatment of patients who suffer severe heart attacks and the Texas Award for Performance Excellence. The hospital has also been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital Northeast under Locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.