Clinical Specialists & Professionals
FT - Days - Exempt
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our BMT Department department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a Social Worker to join our team who will evaluate the psychosocial needs of patients and family support systems and will coordinate appropriate treatment plans for identified patient populations. The Social Worker acts as a liaison between the facility and resources external to the organization. He/she will facilitate implementing timely treatment plans and facilitate follow-up to anticipated post-acute interventions identified in the plan of care. The Social Worker will provide crisis intervention and support. The Social Worker will assist the Case Manager in facilitating patient movement across the continuum of care and will identify and track barriers to patient throughput.
What you will do in this role:
1. Performs a comprehensive assessment of psychosocial needs of assigned patients; Involves patient, family/responsible/significant others, develops, implements, monitors and revises plan of care in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team
2. Assesses patient needs and facilitates the provision of services necessary to meet identified needs; performs home health referrals, intermediate care and skilled nursing facility referrals, assist patients with medication acquisition, facilitates follow up appointments, arranges public transportation, etc.
3. Makes a diagnostic impression for mental health related issues including but not limited to depression, anxiety, substance abuse concerns, then develops an individual plan of care for patients to include treatment of mental health related issues, supportive counseling, crisis intervention, psycho-education, education related to accessing healthcare services at the appropriate level of care; preventative education, and community based resources.
4. Provides education to the under-resourced patient/family of potential and available resources; identifies needs, coordinates the development of realistic plans which include patient/family centered goals, facilitates implementing plan, and performs follow-up evaluation
5. Documents professional recommendations, care coordination interventions, treatment plans, and case management activities to effectively communicate to all members of the health care team
6. Participates with the interdisciplinary team to ensure all psychosocial, mental health and discharge needs are addressed.
Minimal Education and Experience:
1. Master of Social Work
2. 2 or more years of Social Work, transplant experience is desired.
3. Demonstrates analytical and critical thinking abilities with pro-active decision-making and negotiation skills
Minimal License and Certifications Required:
1. Must have current Social Work License to practice in the State of Texas
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Methodist Healthcare is recognized as the most respected and preferred healthcare provider in the South Texas region. As San Antonio’s second largest private employer, we employ more than 11,000 individuals, including 2,700 physicians in all specialties. Methodist Healthcare is a 50-50 co-ownership between Methodist Healthcare Ministries of South Texas, Inc. and HCA Healthcare. Since 1963, our commitment has never wavered in consistently improving the health and wellness of our community by “Serving Humanity to Honor God.”
Our network of greater San Antonio hospitals includes nine acute care facilities: Methodist Hospital, Methodist Children's Hospital, Methodist Hospital Ambulatory Surgery, Methodist Hospital Metropolitan, Methodist Hospital Northeast, Methodist Hospital South, Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant, Methodist Hospital Stone Oak and Methodist Hospital Texsan. We also offer 4 freestanding emergency centers in Boerne, Converse, Westover Hills, and the Quarry. At each of our facilities, we offer an outstanding selection of doctors, healthcare professionals, equipment and health services from wellness events to transplant services, pediatrics, dermatology, cardiology, oncology and a complete range of other medical services. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.