This job posting is no longer active.
Doyou have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in afast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career and submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensationpackage, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growthopportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent workwith us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life,disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stockpurchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you aboutthis fantastic opportunity.
The Maintenance Mechanic Advanced, isresponsible for repair, overhaul and preventive maintenance of hospital ownedequipment, fixtures, fittings, furnishings and utilities distribution.Including machinery and mechanical equipment such as motors, pumps, conveyors,belts, fans, air conditioners etc. Requisitions replacement parts as needed.Identifies issues and uses problem solving skills to make a sound decision forrepair.
The Maintenance Mechanic Advanced,must work under normal day-to-day conditions with very limited to no supervision, as well as under emergency conditionsthat require all equipment function as normal. Has a high proficiency ofknowledge gained through on the job experience. Likely to act as an informal teamlead, coordinating work for/with others, but not as a supervisor. TheMaintenance Mechanic, Building Tech III, may perform other duties of a specialnature as directed by supervision staff.
1. Respond to all trouble calls in thehospital
2. Performs repairs on non-medicalequipment, i.e. dietary, environmental service equipment, beds, plumbing,lighting and HVAC.
3. Performs preventive maintenance onnon-medical equipment such as air handling units, dish machine and exhaustfans.
4. Restarts and shut down chillers andboilers.
5. Responsible for implementation andcoordination of fire drills. Member of hospital fire response team.
6. Documentation of regulatoryrequirements e.g. The Joint Commission, Texas Department of Health and HumanServices, etc.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill,Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: High school diploma and one year technicalschool or equivalent preferred. Associate’s Degree or 2 years of technical school is desirable
2. Experience: Training andexperience: must have 7 or more years’ experience in a related job or equal intraining and on the job training, with at least 5 years’ experience in ahealthcare environment preferred.
3. Employeecompletes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of thepatient population served (if applicable).
MinimumLicense, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
1. Required: City of San Antonio Electrical Maintenance License (This maybe obtained within six months of hire)
2. Preferred:Electrical; Plumbing; or Refrigeration License
Be a part of an organization thatinvests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidateswill be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit yourapplication today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
MethodistHospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationallyacclaimed South Texas Medical Center. From the beginning, we've recognized theunique needs of each of our patients. It's a process that we continue toimprove on, creating ways to better serve the community when they need us themost. With 1013 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialtiesincluding cardiology, cancer care, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine,neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics.
As the flagshiphospital of the Medical Center and of the Methodist Healthcare system ofhospitals, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from thecommunity having been ranked No. 1 in the Express-News Reader's Choice Awards.We also enjoy being the most preferred hospital in San Antonio, as consistentlyreported by the Consumer Research Corporation. Methodist Hospital has beennationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A, accredited by theJoint Commission in stroke care, and designated as an accredited Chest PainCenter. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital underLocations.
We are anequal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do notdiscriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.