Methodist Hospital Northeast
Radiology Department/Clinical Technicians
Full Time (Weekends Only) - Non-Exempt
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Radiology Department department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a Radiology Technician who is responsible to maintain technical skills needed to perform radiologic procedures and for the use of equipment to minimize hazards and maximize patient safety. Duties include proper operation of all x-ray equipment, developing images, use of the PACS system and digital equipment and preparing x-ray room
What you will do in this role:
1. The technologist must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care to pediatric, adolescent, geriatric and adult patients.
2. Demonstrates competency in areas of general diagnostic radiography, use of digital equipment, knowledge of the PACS system, positioning, procedure preparation and technical factors.
3. Responsible for the proper use of RIS, Meditech (scheduling exams, patient tracking, image tracking, proper completion of exams, capture charges).
4. Understands and follows infection control/universal precautions in the performance of all job tasks.
5. Accommodates inpatients or requests for urgent exams as the need arises.
6. Observant for image artifacts; clean image detectors as necessary.
7. Possess the ability to assess a situation, consider alternatives and choose an appropriate course of action.
8. Obtains patient history as needed; assists radiologist during procedures, helping to put the patient at ease.
9. Advises supervisor of any equipment issues requiring service.
10. Demonstrates ability to shut down radiologic equipment and/or reboot computers.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
• Certificate of Training in Radiologic Technology Program
• Associates of Science or above in Radiologic Technology
Experience: None required
• Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
• Current or previous experience in the hospital setting to include PACS system and digital radiology.
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
1. Must have and Maintain Medical Radiologic Technologist Certification from Texas Medical Board.
2. American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification either at date of hire or within 6 months of hire date.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Methodist Hospital Northeast has played a major role in the phenomenal economic growth experienced in northeast Bexar County. With over 170 beds, the hospital offers a full array of services including 24/7 emergency care, open heart surgery, cardiac catheterizations, vascular, neurosurgery, inpatient rehabilitation, orthopedic surgery, cancer care, intensive care and inpatient and outpatient surgeries and procedures. It is home to the Joint Replacement Academy offering the latest treatment options for knee and hip pain, as well as a neurosurgical program offering services from elective spine surgeries to advanced and comprehensive brain and spine care.
We are recognized by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association as a Certified Primary Stroke Center; the American College of Cardiology as an Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI; and by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for having a Pathway to Excellence Program. Methodist Hospital Northeast has received the Mission: Lifeline® Bronze Receiving Quality Achievement Award for implementing specific quality improvement measures outlined by the American Heart Association for the treatment of patients who suffer severe heart attacks and the Texas Award for Performance Excellence. The hospital has also been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital Northeast under Locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.