Here at Methodist Healthcare, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
We offer you a generous benefits package including:
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Moving, mortgage, and real estate assistance
- 100% matching 401k based on years of service
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
The Registered Nurse (RN) IV is the patient and patient’s family advocate. The RN consistently applies and utilizes the nursing process, critical thinking skills, scientific judgment, technical skills, and leadership to independently deliver safe nursing care to patients. The RN collaborates with the patient care team to achieve quality patient outcomes. Communicates and utilizes interpersonal skills effectively and role models confidence and professionalism within nursing by active engagement in unit and organizational activities. Demonstrates team work, adaptability, and is a resource person to the patient care team. The RN is accountable for the quality of nursing care services delivered by self or others under their direction in accordance with the Texas Nurse Practice Act, hospital policies, and the Texas Board of Nursing rules for delegated nursing tasks (Chapter 224). Promotes a positive image of nursing and demonstrates team work and adaptability through consistently following the standards of Methodist Excellence.
Critical factors to your success include:
Applies nursing judgment through a thorough, systematic approach of applying the nursing process to include:
• Assessment: Conducts comprehensive, timely, and ongoing focused physical, psycho- social and pain assessments; includes assessment of patient education needs.
• Planning: Utilizes the assessment, identifies problems, makes nursing diagnoses, formulates goals, teaching plans and outcomes to create an individualized plan of care. Identifies individual patient goals, readiness to learn and incorporates family into the plan of care.
• Implementation: Prioritizes and implements a competent, prioritized and efficient nursing plan of care.
• Evaluation/Reassessment: Consistently conducts timely evaluation, anticipates and recognizes changes in patient conditions, determines when reassessments are needed and adjusts the plan of care as necessary. Compares expected and achieved outcomes of nursing care utilizing the plan of care.
You should be a graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or baccalaureate degree nursing program. If you have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or certification in your specialty area you will be considered more highly qualified and eligible for our RN III position.
You should possess your RN License to practice as a professional RN in the state of Texas or an Active Multi-State RN Compact License. If you have a Compact License you will be required to obtain a Texas RN License within 90 days of hire.
You should have a current BLS and ACLS certification
You should have 6 months of clinical experience as a licensed RN in the specialty area of hire.
Opening inMarch 2009, Methodist Stone Oak Hospital continues to grow and build on ourreputation as a hospital where high-tech and high-touch come together. Ours isa beautiful, streamlined, energy-efficient, patient-focused health carefacility equipped with the most modern technology available and staffed bypeople who genuinely care for the well-being of others. The hospital’s servicesinclude emergency care, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, neonatology,oncology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, and acute rehab services. In November 2017the hospital expanded by more than 100,000 square feet and increased ourlicensed beds to 242.
Methodist StoneOak Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care and isdesignated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. The hospital belongs to theTexas Institute for Robotic Surgery and has become a leader in roboticsurgeries with a highly experienced team of surgeons offering this minimallyinvasive option to patients. Methodist Stone Oak Hospital has been nationallyrecognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A and by Modern Healthcare asone of the Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare. We have also beenrecognized as a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® and byMedicare.gov as #1 in San Antonio and #6 in the entire nation. Methodist StoneOak is 1 of only 102 hospitals to receive Medicare.gov’s 5-star rating out ofthousands of hospitals. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.comand select Methodist Stone Oak Hospital under Locations.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
[email protected] recruiter
We are an equal opportunity employer and valuediversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, maritalstatus, veteran status, or disability status.