Neuro Vascular Lab/Clinical Technicians
FT - Non-Exempt
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Neuro Vascular Lab department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a Vascular Technologist to join our team who will perform diagnostic procedures to include arterial/venous Dopplers and vascular imaging as directed by physician order. The sonographer utilizes and maintains a background in anatomy, physiology, physics and instrumentation to provide technical information to aid the physician. He/she maintains department supplies and equipment and participates in the quality control initiatives of the department.
What you will do in this role:
1. Maintains skills and understanding of innovation in techniques and equipment in medical sonography.
2. Acquires signed physician orders with appropriate indicator for all exams. Demonstrates good judgment in responding to STAT calls and demonstrates the ability to prioritize STAT orders.
3. Follows safety policies and procedures applicable to the job, recognizes impending crisis situations and institutes measures (such as adjusting priorities) to prevent further complications. Transports patients between the lab and other units as directed.
4. Understands and follows infection control/universal precautions in the performance of all job tasks. Maintains order and cleanliness of the work area. Always practices sterile techniques and prevents cross contamination.
5. Maintaining all patient reports. This includes but is not limited to the following: pulling all previous reports/images, presenting images to the correct reading physician, notifying reading physicians of requests, and entering proper patient charges into Meditech. Responsible for the proper use of the Cardiology PAC System.
6. Orders supplies and checks each month for supply needs and orders appropriate amounts at the beginning of each month; assists with all daily/monthly reports.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: ONE of the following:
A. Successful completion of training program in either:
2. Radiologic Technology
3. Vascular Technology
B. Associates of Science or higher degree
2. Experience: None
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
4. Preferred: Two (2) years vascular technologist in a hospital or diagnostic imaging clinic
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
Must have and maintain American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) in either:
1. RVT – Registered Vascular Technologist
2. RVS – Registered Vascular Specialist
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
With over 370 beds Methodist Hospital Metropolitan offers outstanding heart and cancer care, general surgery, neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, obstetrics and gynecology services, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services, sleep disorder evaluation and the largest emergency room in downtown San Antonio. Our women’s pavilion is the only stand-alone center city facility dedicated to the health of women and their newborn babies, welcoming nearly 4,000 newborns into the world each year. Methodist Hospital Metropolitan is home to the Methodist Weight Loss Center and has been designated an American Society for Metabolic Surgery Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence®.
Our hospital has been recognized by Modern Healthcare as a Best Place to Work in Healthcare, and for the fourth consecutive year as a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation. It is the first hospital in San Antonio to achieve Pathway to Excellence designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Methodist Hospital Metropolitan has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog for focus on safety and quality, receiving a Grade A Hospital Safety Score for 8 consecutive rating periods. We are also proud to be an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the American College of Cardiology and Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission, as well as the first Texas hospital to earn a Gold Seal of Approval for Sepsis Certification. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital Metropolitan under Locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.