Doyou have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in afast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career and submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensationpackage, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growthopportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent workwith us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life,disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and employee stockpurchase program. We would love to talk to you aboutthis fantastic opportunity.
The Maintenance Mechanic Advanced, isresponsible for repair, overhaul and preventive maintenance of hospital ownedequipment, fixtures, fittings, furnishings and utilities distribution.Including machinery and mechanical equipment such as motors, pumps, conveyors,belts, fans, air conditioners etc. Requisitions replacement parts as needed.Identifies issues and uses problem solving skills to make a sound decision forrepair.
The Maintenance Mechanic Advanced,must work under normal day-to-day conditions with very limited to no supervision, as well as under emergency conditionsthat require all equipment function as normal. Has a high proficiency ofknowledge gained through on the job experience. Likely to act as an informal teamlead, coordinating work for/with others, but not as a supervisor. TheMaintenance Mechanic, Building Tech III, may perform other duties of a specialnature as directed by supervision staff.
1. Respond to all trouble calls in thehospital
2. Performs repairs on non-medicalequipment, i.e. dietary, environmental service equipment, beds, plumbing,lighting and HVAC.
3. Performs preventive maintenance onnon-medical equipment such as air handling units, dish machine and exhaustfans.
4. Restarts and shut down chillers andboilers.
5. Responsible for implementation andcoordination of fire drills. Member of hospital fire response team.
6. Documentation of regulatoryrequirements e.g. The Joint Commission, Texas Department of Health and HumanServices, etc.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill,Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: High school diploma and one year technicalschool or equivalent preferred. Associate’s Degree or 2 years of technical school is desirable
2. Experience: Training andexperience: must have 7 or more years’ experience in a related job or equal intraining and on the job training, with at least 5 years’ experience in ahealthcare environment preferred.
3. Employeecompletes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of thepatient population served (if applicable).
MinimumLicense, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
1. Required: City of San Antonio Electrical Maintenance License (This maybe obtained within six months of hire)
2. Preferred:Electrical; Plumbing; or Refrigeration License
Be a part of an organization thatinvests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidateswill be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit yourapplication today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
MethodistHospital Stone Oak continues to grow and build on our reputation as a hospitalwhere high-tech and high-touch come together. It is a streamlined,energy-efficient, patient-focused health care facility equipped with the mostmodern technology available. With over 240 beds, services include emergencycare, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, neonatology, oncology,neurosurgery, orthopedics, and acute rehab services.
MethodistHospital Stone Oak is accredited by the Joint Commission as a Primary StrokeCenter and Chest Pain Center. The stroke rehabilitation program has received theJoint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for Disease-Specific CareCertification of Stroke Rehabilitation. Methodist Hospital Stone Oak belongs tothe Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery and has become a leader in roboticsurgeries with a highly experienced team of surgeons offering this minimallyinvasive option to patients. Surgeons from around the country come to trainunder the facility’s world class team. The hospital has been nationallyrecognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A and by Modern Healthcare asone of the Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare. It also been recognizedas a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® and byMedicare.gov as #1 in San Antonio and #6 in the entire nation. MethodistHospital Stone Oak is 1 of only 102 hospitals to receive Medicare.gov’s 5-starrating. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com andselect Methodist Hospital Stone Oak under Locations.
We are anequal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do notdiscriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.