Methodist Hospital Stone Oak
CT Scan Technician PRN
Radiology Department/Clinical Technologists
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Radiology Department. Submit your application today!
We offer full and part time employees an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
What you will do in this role:
1. Demonstrates competency in all areas of computerized tomography (CT), positioning, procedure preparation, and technical factors associated with the CT Systems. Will display knowledge in the use of all other equipment used in CT Scan such as: power injectors, stereotactic biopsy equipment, biopsy and drainage needles and devices, and any other devices/equipment used in CT.
2. Responsible for the proper use of the Radiology Imaging System, Meditech (scheduling exams, patient tracking, Image tracking, proper completion of exams, capture charges).
3. Must demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care to neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
4. Will follow safety policies and procedures applicable to the job, recognizes impending crisis situations and institutes measures (such as adjusting priorities) to prevent further complications and makes a report to their supervisor.
5. Maintains cleanliness and inventory of the CT rooms to include equipment and facilities. Must follow proper disinfection techniques, restocks supplies as necessary, carts or work area will be cleaned and stocked at the completion of each shift.
6. Must be able to complete assignments independently and to work as part of a team; to take instructions from supervisors or team lead, to exercise problem-solving skills; and to interact with co-workers, supervisors, patients, vendors and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge,Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
• Associates of Science or above in Radiologic Technology or completion of an approved program in Radiologic Technology.
• Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
1. Required: Medical Radiologic Technologist Certification from Texas Medical Board.
2. Must have ARRT (R) at time of hire.
3. Must have or eligible to test and be ARRT (CT) within 6 months of hire.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
MethodistHospital Stone Oak continues to grow and build on our reputation as a hospitalwhere high-tech and high-touch come together. It is a streamlined,energy-efficient, patient-focused health care facility equipped with the mostmodern technology available. With over 240 beds, services include emergencycare, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, neonatology, oncology,neurosurgery, orthopedics, and acute rehab services.
MethodistHospital Stone Oak is accredited by the Joint Commission as a Primary StrokeCenter and Chest Pain Center. The stroke rehabilitation program has received theJoint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for Disease-Specific CareCertification of Stroke Rehabilitation. Methodist Hospital Stone Oak belongs tothe Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery and has become a leader in roboticsurgeries with a highly experienced team of surgeons offering this minimallyinvasive option to patients. Surgeons from around the country come to trainunder the facility’s world class team. The hospital has been nationallyrecognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A and by Modern Healthcare asone of the Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare. It also been recognizedas a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® and byMedicare.gov as #1 in San Antonio and #6 in the entire nation. MethodistHospital Stone Oak is 1 of only 102 hospitals to receive Medicare.gov’s 5-starrating. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com andselect Methodist Hospital Stone Oak under Locations.
We are anequal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do notdiscriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.