This job posting is no longer active.
Neuro Vascular Lab/Clinical Technicians
PRN - Non-Exempt
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Neuro Vascular Lab department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a Vascular Technologist to join our team who will perform diagnostic procedures to include arterial/venous Dopplers and vascular imaging as directed by physician order. The sonographer utilizes and maintains a background in anatomy, physiology, physics and instrumentation to provide technical information to aid the physician. He/she maintains department supplies and equipment and participates in the quality control initiatives of the department.
What you will do in this role:
1. Maintains skills and understanding of innovation in techniques and equipment in medical sonography.
2. Acquires signed physician orders with appropriate indicator for all exams. Demonstrates good judgment in responding to STAT calls and demonstrates the ability to prioritize STAT orders.
3. Follows safety policies and procedures applicable to the job, recognizes impending crisis situations and institutes measures (such as adjusting priorities) to prevent further complications. Transports patients between the lab and other units as directed.
4. Understands and follows infection control/universal precautions in the performance of all job tasks. Maintains order and cleanliness of the work area. Always practices sterile techniques and prevents cross contamination.
5. Maintaining all patient reports. This includes but is not limited to the following: pulling all previous reports/images, presenting images to the correct reading physician, notifying reading physicians of requests, and entering proper patient charges into Meditech. Responsible for the proper use of the Cardiology PAC System.
6. Orders supplies and checks each month for supply needs and orders appropriate amounts at the beginning of each month; assists with all daily/monthly reports.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: ONE of the following:
A. Successful completion of training program in either:
2. Radiologic Technology
3. Vascular Technology
B. Associates of Science or higher degree
2. Experience: None
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
4. Preferred: Two (2) years vascular technologist in a hospital or diagnostic imaging clinic
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
Must have and maintain American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) in either:
1. RVT – Registered Vascular Technologist
2. RVS – Registered Vascular Specialist
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. With over 800 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, oncology, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. We are proud to be the largest provider of the lifesaving ECMO Program in San Antonio, are home to the largest robotics program in the world, and our Adult Blood Cancer and Stem Cell Transplant unit has become the first program to receive FACT Accreditation in North America.
As the flagship hospital, and most comprehensive medical care facility of Methodist Healthcare, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community. We’ve recently been named the No.1 Best Regional Hospital by the U.S. News and World Report for 2019-20. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of care possible for our patients, which is proven by our consecutive Grade A Leapfrog Hospital Safety scores. In addition, Methodist Hospital not only received a Primary Stroke Center designation from The Joint Commission, but has also received a Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification from DNV GL Healthcare, designating the facility as offering the most advanced stroke treatment available in a given geographic area. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.